External Services

Industry Associations

Australian Institute of Petroleum

Government Agencies

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)

An independent statutory authority, the Commission administers the Trade Practices Act 1974 and the Prices Surveillance Act 1983 and has additional responsibilities under other legislation. Under the national competition policy reform program the Trade Practices Act has been amended so that, with State/Territory application legislation, its prohibitions of anti-competitive conduct apply to virtually all businesses in Australia.

In broad terms, the Act covers anti-competitive and unfair market practices, mergers or acquisitions of companies, product safety/liability, and third party access to facilities of national significance. The Commission is the only national agency dealing generally with competition matters and the only agency with responsibility for enforcement of the Trade Practices Act and the associated State/Territory application legislation.

ACCC Infocentre:

Small Business Helpline:

Postal Address:




1300 302 502

1300 302 021


Canberra Office, GPO Box 3131, Canberra ACT 2601

(02) 6243 1111

(02) 6243 1199

NSW Department of Environment and Heritage (DEH)

  • works towards a healthy environment cared for and enjoyed by the whole NSW community
  • manages the state's natural resources, including biodiversity, soils and natural vegetation
  • manages natural and cultural heritage across the state's land and waters
  • promotes sustainable consumption, resource use and waste management
  • regulates activities to protect the environment
  • conducts biodiversity, plant, environmental and cultural heritage research to improve decision making

Report pollution To report pollution in NSW, phone 131 555 or (02) 9995 5555 from outside NSW (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).

Postal Address






Since 1 September 2015, the functions of WorkCover have been assumed by three new organisations

SafeWork NSW

We are New South Wales’ workplace health and safety regulator. We offer advice on improving work health and safety, provide licences and registration for potentially dangerous work, investigate workplace incidents and enforce work health and safety laws in NSW.


The State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) regulates motor accidents CTP and workers compensation insurance as well as the home building compensation fund in NSW.


icare (Insurance & Care NSW) delivers insurance and care services to the people of New South Wales, under the NSW Workers Compensation Scheme. Whether a person is severely injured in the workplace or on our roads, icare supports their long-term care needs to improve quality of life outcomes, including helping people return to work

  • 13 44 22